Monday, June 6, 2011

The Tortoise and the Hare...

The other week I began adding color. I painted the two faces for two hours before I decided to wipe them off and start over. I tried to rush the process and it ended up taking longer with unsatisfactory results.
 The following day I returned to the studio and gave myself an hour to work. Limiting my time, forcing myself to slow down and focusing on a small area, made the process feel more manageable. This strategy is helpful because I often get excited about completing an image and forget how much time and patience it takes to make something of quality. I still have about fifteen more hours of painting before I can start thinking of the completed picture.
In the mean time I will reread the famous Aesop's Fable about the tortoise and the hare!

No comments:

Post a Comment